Friday, April 3, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM (BETTY)

It's Bett's birthday today so a big happy birthday to you first of all. We hope you have a lovely day.

We have just gotten home from a 2 day trip to Surfers Paradise to catch up with the Milverton and Robertson families. It's only about a 2 hour trip from here to there and I must say it was just what the doctor ordered. I had been feeling a little sad and sorry for myself and most of all frustrated at not having a job yet, and the constantly wet weather has not helped my mood, so this was a real "pick me up"! We stayed at Treasure Island and although the wet weather followed us (and in fact got quite a lot heavier) the pool there was heated and we got in regardless. It was a novel thing to be in a lovely heated pool with the cold rain belting down on our heads and a cold bourbon in my hand...mmm paradise! We had planned on taking the kids to one of the theme parks but of course the rain put a stop to that so a trip to the movies was organised instead. They watched "Monsters V's Aliens" which they loved while Fiona and I did some window shopping.
Catching up with our very dear friends and just having a chat while the kids played together was wonderful. I was quite sad to leave this morning and even Laura said "Mum, I had tears in my eyes this morning when we left, but I wasn't crying, I was just sad". Poor darlin', she does miss her friends and family, probably more than any of us.

Much of my time lately has been spent wrangling with NSW government departments and I must say I have not found them at all helpful. I would go as far as to think that I would never want to live here in NSW because of the lack of help and the irritation I have been given. I have had to contact Centrelink, the Department of Education and The Nurses Board and I have been driven to distraction by each and every one of them. When I have had to follow up with the same departments in Victoria it has been a different story entirely, maybe Victorians are nicer, or maybe our laws/policies are just better and easier? Anyway I need to save my strength to do some more battling on Monday so I will leave off now. Chow.

1 comment:

The Billing family said...

Oh poo Deb. Such a shame that you are having dramas with the various boards etc... Especially when you left with such high hopes. Bloody red tape! Chin up. Something will come up.

Glad you liked my other blog. Wish you were here to buy stuff (although, when you have some dosh, I can post ANYWHERE in Aust!!)

Thinking of you all!

Samxx