Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Last month's post

May is here and we thought the wet season had finally finished for this year. We've been enjoying a few cooler days and the dragon flies have been flitting about, a sure sign the dry has arrived, but as I type this blog the rain is belting down on the roof of the bus! What The?!! It is very unseasonal and don't let it fool you, while it rains it will be hot and muggy, no relief like you might think.



So what's news?



Mum and Dad came up for a flying visit a couple of weeks ago...woke me up after a night shift, stayed 2 nights and then hit the road again and haven't been heard from since. They were heading to Kakadu/Jabiru/Katherine way, then over to W.A. and then back down south. Hope they enjoy their travels. It was Mum's 60th on the weekend after she left but unfortunately as I hadn't been expecting to see them I had nothing organised and OK, lets be honest...I forgot! Hope she had a good one.



Went to the Pine Creek Races a couple of weeks ago with my mate Michelle, it was a blast! Stevo decided to stay home with the kiddies and missed a great time, but I'm sure he didn't miss the hangover I was sporting the next day! I took my camera and took one whole photo, so when I get some from Shelly I will post them.


Got back to a message that some fellow travellers were in Darwin so we went to visit with Helen and Barry and caught up on all their news. They have been down the west coast already so we got some tips and had a very relaxing night.



What else is happening? Janelle is up here for a course and staying for 4 nights. Lynne is due to arrive for a 3 week holiday on Saturday and Craig, Nate and Michaelia will also be here for the weekend so the house will be full to bursting! Caz is getting bigger every day and says little "junior" is kicking all the time, she looks great. Chris has been getting 3 or 4 days a week in his new job as a builders labourer and seems to be enjoying it, except maybe the jackhammering! I started an orthopaedic course last week which was lots of fun, still a bit to do so I'm off to the library now to get some books. Kids are due to knock off school and it's still raining so they will get drenched, ha, what a surprise!!



Hope family and friends are all well and can't wait to see you all at Chrissy time! Love and kisses from the Stevos xxx

No comments: