Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's been a while...

Feels like ages since I last wrote but I will do my best to catch you all up on the latest news and photos. Firstly, Will had a birthday on the weekend and turned 10! Unfortunatley I had to work nightshift the night before the big day (if you can understand that?!) so I went to bed for the morning. Chris got a few hours work with a friend of Caz's, helping him do some yard work, so off he went for the morning also. That left Caz, Laura and The Birthday Boy to head off to the Noonamah markets and then to Finlay's, the garden and landscaping centre just out of town where they have massive dinosaur replicas. It's a great spot to go just for a look and it will be on our list of places to visit when Mark and Sam come up. Actually they will drive past Finlay's on their way into Darwin so I'm sure Thomas will already have it on the list! Check out the photos:
This beautiful big dragon is all mosaic, amazing. Must have taken a very long time to complete.

Laura is praying for peace, but by the look of the next 2 photos, she's too late to save them!!
This kind of behaviour from the velociraptor doesn't surprise me, but I thought triceratops were herbivors? Yes, I know I will have spelt things wrong and it will drive me nuts at a later date, but for now I just want to get this all finished so pretend it's OK, OK?
So the kids had a great morning and Will was happy with the tackle box he got, the starwars book and legoman CD and a nightlight from Caz that changes colour. He spent his birthday money the next day on 2 playstation games: Ratchet and Clank (just like Luke and Mitch!), and Indiana Jones. He also had lots of phone calls over the day from the family wishing him a lovely birthday. If he seemed a little distracted to any of you who called, they were out getting their photos taken with the dinosaurs at that stage, so no wonder! We had a little party at home and then tea but were too full for the cake, so we saved that for the Sunday night. As you can see it was a caramel chocolate mud cake and Will loved it, so it was worth the wait, mmmmm!

Well, that's 2 birthdays away from home now for Will, so I guess he'll have grown a little by the time we get back to Colac. Well we hope so anyway!

Goodness me, I thought I was nearly finished with the news but I haven't put in the photos of the fishing charter we went on a fortnight ago. It was organised by a couple of the girls I work with on 3A and it was through Equinox Fishing Charters. There were only 5 of us from work, plus Chris and Craig (Caz's fella) and 4 other extras from elsewhere. It was a great day and we had lots of laughs, but other than the couple of good sized ones Chris and Maggie caught, there was nothing to write home about. There were plenty of snapper but no jew fish or threadfin salmon which would have been wonderful! Never mind, it was a whole day out on the water with lovely food and company and a few bourbons too, to make the day really special!
The girls on our "team building exercise", looking a little windswept! Deb, Bronwyn, Ruth, Lynne and Maggie.
Stevo and Deb, excited about the chance to catch a BIG one.
First prize for the girls went to Maggie, for this lovely golden snapper.
And last but not least...what a bloomin' surprise, Stevo got the catch of the day, a GT. Woo Hoo. (No hard feelings from me at all, ha ha!)
So, until next time it's chow for now and cheers, from Deb, Chris, Will and Laura xxx

No comments: